Through this program, the Foundation awarded grants for organizations that actively engaged volunteers in the management of a publicly accessible natural area. The grants supported cash donation matching, volunteer workers and the purchase of equipment that directly improved the natural habitat.
You may find the following documents useful during the application process:
- Frequently Asked Questions for Nonprofit-owned Sites
- Frequently Asked Questions for Government-owned Sites
- Photo Monitoring Guidelines for all Sites
- Two ways to purchase equipment for Nonprofit-owned Sites Only
- Other Funding Opportunities
Pictured: Community members and corporate volunteers from Allstate collecting seed at Spring Creek Valley Forest Preserve in Cook County.